This is one good cherry pie recipe. Try
it with ice cream
- Pastry for 9-inch two-crust pie
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart or "pie" cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare pie pastry.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca.
- Add cherries; stir until well blended.
- Pour into pastry-lined plate
- Sprinkle with almond extract and dot with butter or margarine.
- Cover with remaining pastry and flute
- Cut slits in pastry so steam can escape.
- Cover edge with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Place pie on baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits on crust.
- Remove aluminum foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
* Makes 8 to 10 servings.
* Serve warm or at room temperature.
Apple Pie Recipe
This is a Sponsor Supported Site
Please Patronize our Sponsors
Air Sponge Control Odors Naturally
Explore at Random
Something to ponder
"The gods conceal from
men the happiness of death,
that they may endure life."
Lucan (39-65 A.D.)
Stop back by soon
..... we're always growing